Sunday, January 5, 2014

Growing up

I only say all this here because no one reads it anyway. I grew up with a strict religious upbringing. No tv, no cutting the hair, I only wore dresses, you know that kind of thing. I also went to church every time the doors were open. I wasn't allowed to believe in Santa Claus or dress up for Halloween. So as I got older I've broken away from that lifestyle. It's not that I don't believe in more, it's just I find these people to be so judgmental about everything really. My whole family is still this way & me with my tattoos do not go over well. I guess living in a small town where I'm not the norm doesn't help. But really I get tired of constantly being told that I'm wrong in what I'm doing & the way I live. Isn't that for me to decide? If I want to have a relationship with god it should be just between me & God. Just like all my other relationships are between me & that person. I don't involve others so why would I in this one too. This probably makes no sense at all, I just mainly was frustrated to hear for the millionth time how wrong I was & I knew better. I mean really couldn't it be way worse? I don't drink, don't do drugs, I take care of my children with no help from family. I think I'm a pretty good person. So what if I don't want to go sit in a church & pretend to be someone I'm not. I know this post has no point other than me complaining. But it's out there now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment